Evolution & Importance of Analytical Chemistry

Analytical Chemistry is the oldest branch of Chemistry and is the foundation block on which other branches, namely, inorganic, organic, physical and biochemistry have grown to their present level. Understanding of these branches would not have been possible without an understanding and application of principles of Analytical chemistry. It has provided us a glimpse of matter from simple atomic structures to complex molecules to comprehend properties based on structural arrangements. We have gained insight into the origin and evolution of the Universe and life on our own planet through application of analytical techniques. An understanding of composition has contributed to improvement of material characteristics of natural resources and industrial materials to the benefit of mankind. Today we cannot think of even a single product of commercial use which has not been tested using analytical chemistry techniques before clearance for consumption.

Earliest studies were mainly concerned with understanding the composition of environment and natural resources based on classical methods of analysis. Classical Analysis also known as Wet Chemistry introduced quantitative studies and to this day forms the backbone of most university and industrial laboratories. Earliest techniques were by and large gravimetric in nature with the objective of determination of elemental composition. Titration methods evolved subsequently for acid-base and metals analysis of solutions. Instrumental analysis complimented traditional analysis with speed and accuracy. Instrumental analysis evolved into several specialized areas such as Spectroscopy, Chromatography, Imaging analysis for surface profiling, Electronalytical studies and Thermal methods of analysis. Each specialized area provided wealth of information on a sample. In the recent past combination or hyphenated techniques evolved extending the capabilities of either of the combination techniques. Analytical Chemistry is poised to make even greater contributions to betterment of life and understanding of new materials. It will lead the way to development of new materials having desired features and detection at levels which could not be imagined before.

About Dr. Deepak Bhanot

Dr Deepak Bhanot is a seasoned professional having nearly 30 years expertise beginning from sales and product support of analytical instruments. After completing his graduation and post graduation from Delhi University and IIT Delhi he went on to Loughborough University of Technology, UK for doctorate research in analytical chemistry. His mission is to develop training programs on analytical techniques and share his experiences with broad spectrum of users ranging from professionals engaged in analytical development and research as well as young enthusiasts fresh from academics who wish to embark upon a career in analytical industry.

Comments

1. jitendra sharma says:

please send me full course

2. Hello,

I would like to receive the full course.

Thank you very much.

3. Mohamed says:

Could you please send me full course
    thanks

4. I would like to receive the full course.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mila

5. Amandeep Singh says:

I wana earn this course….please give me way out.

6. I would like to receive the full course too.

Thanks.

7. Amandeep Singh says:

I would like to receive the full course.

8. Kamlesh Deshbhratar says:

I would like to receive the full course, please provide me material.

9. David Ocema says:

This is good but the full detailed course will certainly be better

• Saurabh Arora says:

Yes David we are working hard to make that a fact, we should have the full course on HPLC ready to launch by mid June! It will have more than 50 topics covering every thing to do with HPLC!

10. Girija Neti says:

Hi,

I apprecite, if the entire course is mailed to me.

11. Hi
    can i have the full course please , i will appreciate your kindness

12. plz full course

13. murugesan says:

I want to get full course

14. Narottam says:

pls send me full course related articles.

15. Philip van Zyl says:

I would love to receive the full course
    Thanks

16. will be grateful to get the full course

17. Sanal Krishna says:

Please provide me the full course on HPLC

• Dear Sanal,
      You can join the full course on HPLC and avail the discount of 20% if you register and make payment today itself. You may click on the link on the home page of the site for making payment by your credit/debit card.
      Thanks

18. Linette vd Merwe says:

Pls send me full course

19. Mahmood M. Barbooti says:

It seems a rich course and needless to say that receiving the full course will be gratefully acknowledged..Regards.. Mahmood.

20. Dr. Dhiraj Kumar says:

Course content which you providing that is very good and informative.

21. Niharika says:

Thanks Dr Bhanot,
    It seems to be a good and informative article, kindly send the whole text for further enhancement of knowledge.

• Thanks Niharika. Good to note that you liked the article.Another article that you are sure to enjoy reading will be 125 job profiles for an analytical chemist. It will bring out the vast application store open to the analytical scientist.

22. Ganiyu Adeyemi Adedokun says:

Thank you for providing this course free at this level.It is quite interesting and educative. My own area of interest are Maintenance/repairs of HPLC,AAS and GC because I am an Instrumentation maintenance Engineer.I will appreciate it if these modules could be provided in full for evaluation. Thanks.

• Thanks Ganiyu.Good to note that you found the free courses useful.You will find the certificate courses also useful. Keep in touch and do browse our articles as these also provide useful tips.

23. ASEPERI DARE says:

thank you Dr. pls send me full course.

24. Interesting Piece and highly informative.

Can you pls send me the portion of this course that have to do with HPLC and GC maintainance.

Thank you.

• Hi John,
      Thanks for your comment.
      HPLC and GC maintenance are part of the paid certificate course on the two topics.HPLC programme is available and GC will be launched shortly.In case you wish to register for HPLC programme and require any clarifications please feel free to contact us.

25. I would love to receive the full course